REVIEW: Fresh (SOLD IN CHINA / TESTED ON ANIMALS) "Sugar SPF Lip Treatment in Plum" 2.5 STARS


Brand: Fresh
Line: Sugar
Make-up Type: Lip Tint / "Treatment"
Origin: USA
Tested on Animals: YES!! Sold in China
 (parent company is LVMH)
I obtained this product prior to seeing that and after Fresh falsely stated they are not tested..



REVIEW Summary:
Price: $22 !!
Packaging: It's a small twist up tube with a metallic shine
Scent: faint, clean, non-offensive
Color: Berry - a purplish pink
Texture: Waxy
Ease of use: Easy. Twist up and apply or use lip-brush to apply
Effect: Not great. A "tint" that makes your lips feel slightly waxy and gives you a pretty color that fades away almost instantly. It's the type of waxy feel where you take a drink of water and the water beads on your lips. If that counts as "protecting"...but it in no way plumps, hydrates, or nourishes.
Claim: SPF + hydrating + color (Unsure how to prove the first claim, fail on the hydration, fail on the color even though it oddly never technically claims to have color.)
QUOTE: "A hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips."
What it is formulated to do:
Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15... blends reparative oils and waxes ( wax noted) with real sugar for delectable and dependable moisture (no)...cushions the lips...provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. ...provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays...Scientifically proven to keep lips moisturized for up to six hours after initial application (FALSE, 6 MINUTES AT BEST)

The verdict: I would not purchase this again  because it lasted a few weeks before it melted completely and the customer service was TERRIBLE. I do love the color, but it lasts under an hour before it's gone. The hydrating effect is more waxy than moisturizing and also lasts under an hour.

Review:
I don't usually review US products that are not amazing, etc., but the product + poor customer service almost required it this time.
I purchased this after I contacted the company to ask if they tested on animals. It can be impossible to find up to date info with so many once safe companies jumping ship to sell in China where it is required. The company got back to me within a few days with the possible lie that they do not test.
Thank you for contacting us!
Fresh does not test its products, ingredients neither do we outsource
companies to test on animals. LIE
HOWEVER, if you go to Fresh's website, they proudly state that they opened their first store in CHINA in 2009. Is Fresh tested on animals? YES!

Now I do love the color of this lip "treatment" and I love that it is a tint, however, the color and moisture blocking seal they call hydrating is gone within 15 minutes. I really really love the color which made me kind of okay with applying it again every 20 minutes. But then, a few weeks after buying this...it melted into the abyss. I had not kept it in my hot car (for the 2.5 months it is actually warm here), nor in my pocket.
Dismayed, I contacted Fresh who had gotten back to me so quickly before. I never heard a thing back from them...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetics, Skincare and Animal Testing Lies...

STILA now tests on animals...and PETA couldn't care less.

Yes Style Haul