REVIEW: Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain- Bronze Glimmer -4.5 stars


Brand: The Body Shop
Line: n/a
Make-up Type: lip & cheek stain, sponge applicator
Origin: USA
Tested on Animals: No. HOWEVER parent company not cruelty free.


REVIEW Summary:
Price:  2/5 -$14! Get this during the 40% off sale!
Size: 8 ml, 0.2 fl oz 4/5
Packaging: clear with sponge tip applicator 3/5
Scent:  3/5 -faint clay smell
Taste:  0/5 very bitter taste 
Color/Shade: 5/5 peachy bronze
Texture: 1/5 tacky, very dry after applied 1/5
Ease of use: 4/5 twist open and apply with sponge applicator. Easy to put on unevenly.
Effect: 4/5 metallic shimmer
Lastability: 3/5 Average


Claim: Lip & cheek stain- no claims
The verdict: I love the color, I love the effect, i like that it lasts longer than a lipgloss. I hate the bitter taste it has, and I dislike how tacky and dry it feels once it sets. BUT the texture and bitter flavor can be remedied by applying a lip balm on top. I did not use it on cheeks. Overall, I would buy again.

The Review:
I tried this product during one of Body Shop's Christmas sales during which it was 50% off. I don't think I would buy this full price at $14.
It is the standard lip gloss size and comes in a container you unscrew open and apply with the sponge tip applicator. The initial texture is pretty liquid and runny and it WILL go on unevenly with the excess going outside your lip liner. Once it is on, it dries fast to a tacky finish that is very dry. If you make the mistake of tasting it, you will regret it. It tastes extremely bitter. Since I like this color so very much, I found a solution to this. If you use a very smooth lip balm, it provides needed moisturizer and camouflages the taste.
The staying power depends on what you're doing, but it seems to last longer than the average lip gloss. I really love this color and I recommend the product overall, on sale, and paired with a moisturizing lip balm.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetics, Skincare and Animal Testing Lies...

STILA now tests on animals...and PETA couldn't care less.

Yes Style Haul