KPOPTOWN *REVIEW* -NOT RECOMMENDED!

I wanted to share my experience with KPopTown, and to tell others to avoid them.
No start with, they are not one of the many online K Beauty stores that offer free shipping.
I added 6 very tiny items to my cart, and went to check out.
! $10 shipping and handling! 
According to their invoices, they are located in San Jose, California. Even priority mail would not cost that much.
I also found the same items on another site the day before (the ones I wanted were not available) and shipping was $6. So they are charging almost double what another company is charging for the same product. But left with no other options...
These items were available on many other sites previously, and some sites sold them for around $2.40 with or without shipping, while other sites charged double that and most of those included shipping. Logically, the sites that do not mark up and charge shipping are actually better deals in the end. Even with shipping. Why? 2 times 7 equals 14, plus 6, equals 20. 4 times seven equals 24. 

 I check out on the 4th. Forward ahead to the 10th, at around 3:20 am. They send me an e-mail (while I'm sleeping) that two of the items are out of stock. They ask (mistakes are theirs, not mine):
"Can we ship your other possible item only?
If you agree, we will ship possible items and refund for sold out items' price and left shipping cost if any after shipping your package.
Please give us your reply. We are sorry for sold out item."

But they sent another e-mail exactly a minute later telling me another item was out of stock. They say the one I ordered is out of stock, but they offer another color.
"We can get other #item number, #item number instead.
Will you take other #, # ?

Please give us your reply.

If you do not want other option, you can ask us refund. We will wait your reply."

Ok. Three items are out of stock. Leaving me with 3 items. I check the shipping cost for just those 3. $10!! Logically, shipping would be less, right? No. I'm not paying $10 for 3 items. I reply that very same day, in the afternoon, that I don't want the other items they offered, and to cancel my order.

The next day, at 2:00 a.m, they reply:
"other options are packed and we cannot cancel whole order now."

WHAAAT?? How did they pack an order that wasn't completed?
1. They were still waiting for me to tell them if I wanted them to give me an alternate to one of the items not in stock, it can't be "packed".
2. They also asked permission to ship the incomplete order and I said no.
3. Lastly, they said they'd "wait my reply".

So, I had to contact paypal and file a claim. They said KPT had about 5 days to respond to the claim, but if they did not respond by the end of the 5 days, I would be refunded immediately. If they did respond but that if they were unable to send my whole order, it would be refunded also.
KPOPTOWN emailed me on the 18th at around 8 PM saying my order was canceled. Magic? Exactly a minute later, they sent another e-mail saying that I was refunded payment.

BUT THEY DID NOT REFUND ME.

Paypal did not automatically credit me the money on the day they said they would either. I had to call, and although the time period for the company to respond (they never responded to them) had passed, Paypal never acted on it. Had I not contacted them, Paypal would have my money.

So let me review WHY I cannot recommend KPOPTOWN...


1. Several items were out of stock and they asked if I still wanted the rest of the order or a substitute. They said they'd wait for my reply. When I replied back SAME DAY, they waited a day, then told me they already packed the order and refused to cancel.

2. They never responded to the paypal claim, instead they canceled my order and claimed to have refunded me, BUT THEY LIED ABOUT REFUNDING ME!

3. My order was $10 shipping with 6 items, and also $10 shipping with 3 items.

4. They charge almost double what other companies charge for shipping.

smaller issues:
5. Their invoice says they have an office in the US, yet they bill shipping as though it's shipped from South Korea. Obviously they need to ship stock in, but they'd be shipping large quantities and that's part of their operating costs.
6. It took them 6 days to realize half of my items were out of stock.

Overall this is a dishonest company and I recommend that people avoid them!

Go with Jolse or Ruby Ruby shop or BB Cosmetic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cosmetics, Skincare and Animal Testing Lies...

STILA now tests on animals...and PETA couldn't care less.

Yes Style Haul